Jump to navigation
Identification photograph of Franklin G. Post & Son employee Rudy LaPage.
Title supplied by cataloger. Franklin G. Post was a boatbuilder who had shops at two locations in Mystic. From 1914-1923 his business was located in Fort Rachel, south of the site of the old D.O. Richmond yard on the Groton side of the river. From 1923-1959 the shop occupied the site of the former Pendleton Brothers yard at Pistol Point on the Stonington side. When his son Ernest joined the business it became Franklin Post & Son. The company had contracts with the military in the World War II period.
Shipbuilding industry -- EmployeesFranklin G. Post &Son Boatyard (Mystic, Conn.)
Copyright restrictions applying to use or reproduction of this image are available from Mystic Seaport.
Accession number: 1987.58.1294