Jump to navigation
A waterfall flows over a dam at the left. A stone bridge is at the right. A substantial mill building is located at the far side of the bridge. Large trees are on either side. Inscribed on back: "First flour mill in U.S. / Milford, Conn."
Connecticut Historical Society
Title supplied by cataloger. Lower left corner missing. In 1640, the town of Milford voted that William Fowler should build a mill and house on a site by the Wepawaug River. The property passed out of the Fowler family in 1901 and the mill was demolished shortly afterwards.
BridgesIndustrial buildingsWaterfallsDamsFlour millsFlour industry
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from The Graphics Collection, The Connecticut Historical Society, Hartford.
Accession number 2000.185.23