Jump to navigation
View from the water of a large stone house identified as Branford House, Eastern Point.
Groton Public Library
Branford House was the estate built on Avery Point in 1904 by Morton Plant, successful railroad, steamship and hotel businessman. The estate was turned over to the state in the 1930's. The Coast Guard used it for training during World War II. It became the Southeastern Campus of the University of Connecticut (later renamed University of Connecticut at Avery Point) in 1969. Published by E.A. Bardol & Co., New London, Conn. and Berlin, Germany.
Digital image Groton Public Library from the Carol W. Kimball postcard collection. All right reserved. Image may be used for personal research of educational uses without prior permission. For requests or exhibit, contact Groton Public Library.