Photographs - P.T. Barnum Research Collection, Bridgeport History Center

The photographs collection offers a wide array of formats that track with the development of photography itself. These formats include daguerreotypes, cartes de visite, cabinet cards, cartes de visite, stereoview or stereograph cards, albumen prints, a poster with applied photographs, and “real photo” postcards. Subjects of the images include not only portraits of P.T. Barnum and his associates, but his various homes in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
1 to 24 of 98 Objects
(1 - 24 of 98)

Pages

Photograph: Set of tintypes of Charles S. Stratton, M. Lavinia Warren, and George Washington Morrison Nutt
Photograph: Commodore Nutt in uniform with drum
Photograph: Stereoview of Lindencroft
1860 - 1869
Photograph: Charles S. Stratton and M Lavinia Warren taking their vows
Photograph: Portrait of an older M. Lavinia Warren
1914
Photograph: William Cody (Buffalo Bill)
1883 - 1917
Photograph:
1885 - 1888
Photograph:
Photograph: Stereoview of Charles S. Stratton in suit leaning on column, 1856
Photograph: Millie and Chrissie (from Fairy Wedding Album)
Photograph: Jenny Lind in her later years
1856 - 1887
Photograph: M. Lavinia Warren and the Magri brothers
Photograph: Chang, Eng, and Sons (from Fairy Wedding Album)
1856 - 1874
Photograph: Lindencroft, with mat
1860 - 1924
Photograph: Street View of Daily Advertiser and Weekly Farmer Newspaper Building
1861
Photograph: Captain Bates and his wife, with another man for scale
Photograph: M. Lavinia Warren standing with Primo and Ernesto Magri, black mat (version 1)
Photograph: M. Lavinia Warren standing in a dress
Photograph:
Photograph: Mrs. Arthur S. Middlebrook in dress with corsage
1871 - 1985
Photograph: M. Lavinia Warren standing with Primo and Ernesto Magri, white mat (version 2)
Photograph: Photograph copy of daguerreotype of Charles S. Stratton as Napoleon
1844 - 1857
Photograph: Portrait of M. Lavinia Warren in mourning clothes
Photograph: Charles S. Stratton and M. Lavinia Warren older, together on a balcony (owned by the Bridgeport History Center)
1870 - 1883

Pages